"Environmental BIF"

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BorderBirder

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I liked this wee stonechat while out seeking a kingfisher yesterday.... Hope you enjoy him.

Special shout out to @jeffnles1 - I remember your liking for environmental images Jeff :).

Stonechat-3.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

thank you for tagging me. Yes, I do like this type of photo. What a pretty little bird. They do not live around here in the midwestern USA. First, I really like how the branches (Roses?) frame it. One cannot always tell from a single photo but I would think this little bird probably likes edges of field and forest, brushy meadows, brambles, etc. I guess using my imagination of where a creature lives, how it lives, and what kind of day it was photographed is why I tend to gravitate toward this type of photo.

Thanks for sharing this photo. I really like it.

Jeff

Thanks very much Jeff, I remembered your liking an environmental deer shot of mine some time back. Yes these wee birds are often seen over heathland with gorse, brambles or hawthorn in the Scottish Highlands, along with the beautiful wheatear. This chap I encountered yesterday whilst on holiday in Northern Ireland. He is flying through a hawthorn after a wet morning. They are quite gregarious singing from bush tops or fence posts. He is telling such a story I think from where he is in this image.

Thanks very much Jeff, I remembered your liking an environmental deer shot of mine some time back. Yes these wee birds are often seen over heathland with gorse, brambles or hawthorn in the Scottish Highlands, along with the beautiful wheatear. This chap I encountered yesterday whilst on holiday in Northern Ireland. He is flying through a hawthorn after a wet morning. They are quite gregarious singing from bush tops or fence posts. He is telling such a story I think from where he is in this image.
thanks for the info on him. Very nice shot.

Back